About Me

My photo
Hi! My name is Lisa Johnson and I am currently working on my master's degree in reading. I hope you enjoy looking through some of my favorite books, websites, website evaluations and reading articles.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Poems About Books, Teachers, and Children

GOOD BOOKS, GOOD TIMES!
Good books.Good times.Good stories
Good rhymes.Good beginnings.Good ends.Good people.
Good friends.Good fiction.Good facts.Good adventures.Good acts.
Good stories.Good rhymes.Good books.Good times.
____________________________________________________
What is a Book?
Lora Daunt
A book is pages, pictures and words
A book is animals, people and birds
A book is stories of queens and kings
Poems and songs-so many things!
Curled in a corner where I can hide
With a book I can journey far and wide
Though it's only paper from end to end
A book is a very special friend.
____________________________________________________
The Teachers Jumped Out the Window
The teachers jumped out of the windows
The principal ran for the door.
The nurse and librarian bolted.
They're not coming back anymore.
The counselor, hollaring madly,escaped out the door of the gym.
The coach and custodian shouted and ran out the door after him.
The lunch ladies threw up their ladles,then fled from the kitchen in haste,
while all of the students looked puzzled as staff members scurried and raced.
We'd never seen anything like it
But, still, it was pretty darned cool to see
all the staff so excited to leave
on the last day of school.--Kenn Nesbitt
_______________________________________________________
One Hundred Years from now
(excerpt from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft)
One Hundred Years from now
It will not matter what kind of car I drove,
What kind of house I lived in,
how much money was in my bank account
nor what my clothes looked like.
But the world may be a better place
because I was important in the life of a child.
_______________________________________________________
Children Learn What They Live
Dorothy Law Nolte, Ph. D.
If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.
If children live with ridicule, they learn to be shy.
If children live with tolerance, they learn to be patient.
If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.
If children live with praise, they learn to appreciate.
If children live with fairness, they learn justice.
If children live with security,they learn faith.
If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with acceptance, and friendship, they learn to find love in the world.

No comments: