My name is Lisa Johnson and I am married and have three boys. My husband is a JH/HS principal and I am a teacher. Our oldest son just graduated from high school and will be playing basketball at Wayland Baptist beginning in the fall. We also have twin boys who will be juniors this upcoming school year. I am currently working towards my master’s degree in Reading.
My content area focus is on Language Arts. In previous years, I have taught Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science. This past year, I taught English as a Second Language and found that ESL was not for me. I will be teaching third grade Language Arts for the 2008-2009 school year.
My content area focus is on Language Arts. In previous years, I have taught Language Arts, Social Studies, and Science. This past year, I taught English as a Second Language and found that ESL was not for me. I will be teaching third grade Language Arts for the 2008-2009 school year.
Content Area Focus: Language Arts
School: Swinburn Elementary, Tulia, Texas
Level: 3rd Grade
Previous Experience: 9 years as a Teaching Assistant
2 years in 5th grade self-contained classroom
2 years in 4th & 5th Language Arts & Social Studies
1 year in 3rd – 8th English as a Second Language
My philosophy for education is that I need to be someone that is loving, caring, patient, and above all wants to continue to learn. My job is more than just creating and teaching a lesson. I am responsible for being an educator, motivator, peer, counselor and an example for each and every student. I hold a child’s future in my hands and it is my job to provide the knowledge that they need in order to succeed in our world today. In order to present that knowledge, I have to stay caught up on technology, current events, new learning styles, and new curriculums. I believe that as a teacher, I also play the role as a disciplinarian in my classroom. I feel that rules should be enforced in my classroom and that students should abide by them or suffer the consequences. On a more positive note, I want to be a motivator in my classroom. I want to motivate my kids to learn, to participate in classroom activities, to excel in all they do and most importantly to succeed. I want my students to see me as a positive teacher and offer my students positive praise. I want to reward those students that do well and encourage those that are struggling to try harder because I know they can do it. And finally, I want to be a teacher that can respect differences because my classroom will always have diversity. These are my personal thoughts on an education in my classroom. I hope that by committing to each of these ideas, I can be a good teacher and that my students will remember me.
School: Swinburn Elementary, Tulia, Texas
Level: 3rd Grade
Previous Experience: 9 years as a Teaching Assistant
2 years in 5th grade self-contained classroom
2 years in 4th & 5th Language Arts & Social Studies
1 year in 3rd – 8th English as a Second Language
My philosophy for education is that I need to be someone that is loving, caring, patient, and above all wants to continue to learn. My job is more than just creating and teaching a lesson. I am responsible for being an educator, motivator, peer, counselor and an example for each and every student. I hold a child’s future in my hands and it is my job to provide the knowledge that they need in order to succeed in our world today. In order to present that knowledge, I have to stay caught up on technology, current events, new learning styles, and new curriculums. I believe that as a teacher, I also play the role as a disciplinarian in my classroom. I feel that rules should be enforced in my classroom and that students should abide by them or suffer the consequences. On a more positive note, I want to be a motivator in my classroom. I want to motivate my kids to learn, to participate in classroom activities, to excel in all they do and most importantly to succeed. I want my students to see me as a positive teacher and offer my students positive praise. I want to reward those students that do well and encourage those that are struggling to try harder because I know they can do it. And finally, I want to be a teacher that can respect differences because my classroom will always have diversity. These are my personal thoughts on an education in my classroom. I hope that by committing to each of these ideas, I can be a good teacher and that my students will remember me.
No comments:
Post a Comment